The Town of The Blue Mountains would like to advise the public of updates to the paid parking program and fee structures for Municipal Parking Lots that were put into effect through the approval of the 2023 Town Budget.
New for 2023, the Town is introducing Non-Resident Parking Passes. These passes are available to residents of the Municipality of Meaford, Grey Highlands, Clearview Township and the Town of Collingwood. The cost is $100 +HST for each registered licence plate.
Residents can either register their licence plate or display a printed resident pass in their rearview mirror. Town parking passes do not permit residents to park in privately owned paid parking lots. Printed resident passes are mailed to all taxpayers each spring. If you did not receive your parking pass, licence plate(s) can be registered by visiting Town Hall with photo identification, proof of residency and vehicle registration.
As part of the approval of the 2023 Town Budget, Council conducted a review of parking rates for all municipal parking lots. The fees collected through the paid parking program are used to support ongoing maintenance of public spaces within the Town. The parking rate changes are listed below:
- Downtown Thornbury Parking Lots
- $2.00 for the first hour and $1.00 for each additional hour
- Includes the Arthur Street West Parking Lot
- Rural Parking Lots
- $5.00 per hour (no daily maximum)
- Includes Loree Forest and Heathcote Park
- Waterfront Parking Lots
- $10.00 per hour (4 hour maximum)
- Includes parking lots at Lora Bay Park, Little River Park, Thornbury Harbour, Bayview Park, Peasemarsh Park, Council Beach, Delphi Point Park and Northwinds Beach
Please note, Municipal Parking Passes do not permit parking in non-parking areas such as fire routes or accessible parking spaces.
For more information, please visit the Parking and Public Transit web page or contact:
Community Services Department
(519) 599-3131 ext. 326