Public engagement is a top priority for Mayor Hamlin, Council and staff and we strongly believe that every voice matters! The Town strives to be inclusive to ensure residents are aware of and can easily participate in discussions, engage in activities, obtain information, and provide feedback and opinions. That is why the Town of Collingwood is developing a Community Engagement Action Plan that will provide clarity for the public on how and when they will be called on to participate in or provide input into significant municipal projects and initiatives. The Town remains committed to offering meaningful two-way communication with residents now and into the future.
Every voice matters! This is an opportunity to tell the Town how we can make it easy for you to provide input or participate in Town-related projects and initiatives. Including a diverse representation of resident input in the development of this Plan is critical to ensuring that every voice is heard.
Save the Dates:
- September 2nd – Visit the Town booth at the Collingwood Downtown Farmer’s Market from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the corner of Second and Pine Streets to talk with Members of Council and Communications staff to share your thoughts and ideas.
- September 12th – You are encouraged to walk or bike to the Pavilion at Sunset Point Park (79 St. Lawrence Street) and join in some interactive discussions with facilitators from Redbrick Communications and Town Communications Staff from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. This is a drop-in style session designed for quick engagement. A sweet treat awaits those who participate in this in-person session! Registration is not required but recommended. Refreshments will be provided.
- September 14th – For those unable to attend the in-person session, join the Town and its consultants online for a lunchtime chat from 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. This session will be structured to a virtual setting and will involve the use of interactive tools and breakout room chats for a more curated dialogue and discussion. Registration is required.
- September 20th – A second virtual option is available to meet the needs of all schedules. This evening online engagement session will be from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.; perfect timing for those who are just getting home from work and can’t attend the in-person session, but still want to attend. This session will be structured to a virtual setting and will involve the use of interactive tools and breakout room chats for a more curated dialogue and discussion. The same topics discussed at the September 14th session will be covered so there is no need to register for both.
- September 23rd – A second opportunity to visit the Town booth at the Collingwood Downtown Farmer’s Market from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the corner of Second and Pine Streets to talk with Members of Council and Communications staff to share your thoughts and ideas.
For those who are not able to attend any of the in-person or virtual sessions, interactive questions will be posted throughout September on the Engage Collingwood project page, following the in-person session. You can also ask questions and give general feedback using tools on the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer paper feedback you can drop off a letter to Town Hall, at 97 Hurontario Street throughout the month of September.
Collingwood residents who provide feedback at any of the in-person or virtual sessions or offer input using the tools on our Engage Collingwood project page, are eligible to win some amazing prizes, including an Apple iPad ($600+ value), Apple Air Pods ($200+ value), and a $50 gift card to a Collingwood based business of your choice (excluding the LCBO or Cannabis retail businesses). Must be a resident of Collingwood to win!
Every voice matters! Learn more, register for an Engagement Session, and provide feedback at: https://engage.collingwood.ca/community-engagement