The Town of Collingwood is embarking on the creation of a new multi-year Strategic Plan and with the Downtown Business Improvement Area (BIA) a Downtown Visioning Master Plan, and Council wants you to be a part of the process! Residents’ input is critical to ensuring the development of these Plans reflect the values and priorities of the Community and everyone is invited to participate in one of the upcoming engagement sessions.
Join us at:
- Collingwood Eddie Bush Memorial Arena Free Public Skating – December 7th 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Central Park Arena Parent & Tot Skating – December 7th 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Walmart Supercentre – December 7th 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Centennial Aquatic Centre – December 8th 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Loblaws (grocery store) – December 8th 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Downtown Collingwood Christmas Market – December 8th 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
A statistically significant survey will be launched in the new year as another opportunity for residents to participate in this priority setting exercise which will also set a benchmark for future community satisfaction initiatives.
The Community Based Strategic Plan for 2024-2028 will serve as a roadmap for the Town of Collingwood’s future. It will outline our community’s strategic vision, values, and strategic priorities for the coming years. It will act as a guide for decision-making and resource allocation and help to build consensus among Council, staff, and the community about where Collingwood is headed and how it will get there.
The 2020-2023 Community Based Strategic Plan was an important guiding document with most of the items being successfully accomplished or well underway. The new Community Based Strategic Plan should reflect the issues, concerns, and opportunities of the current moment as the Town plans for what’s ahead for the community.
To learn more about the project, subscribe to receive updates and be notified of future engagement opportunities, visit: https://engage.collingwood.ca/strategic-plan